Tuesday, July 22, 2008

How do you find your happiness in the Lord?
In our Sunday school class this week, one of the discussion questions asked us how we daily make ourselves happy in the Lord. Funny enough, this was the question I was drawn to while the rest of the class wanted to skip over it. I loved the way the question was phrased. It is good to be reminded that we have a choice in our happiness. We have a decision to make every second of every day and that decision is in how we view God and how we view ourselves. As an American Christian, it is so hard not to compare yourselves to others and base your happiness on what you have or don't have. It is good to be reminded that God cares more about what's inside you than what is happening on the outside. Your shirt means nothing compared to your heart.

1 comment:

B-Strait said...

Funny story: I'm sitting in class and decide to google my name to see what came up. I never knew another Ben Strait existed.
-Interesting.

-Ben Strait