Sunday, August 10, 2008

Learning How to Sew
I have been inspired by several people to learn how to sew. My mother-in-law has kindly agreed to take me on as her student. I really have enjoyed the two times we have sewed together. This afternoon she helped me make two pillow case dresses for Chloe.
This is the first dress we made out of a pink pillowcase and I added apricot accents.


The ribbon added a pretty detail to the plain pillowcase (from Walmart - sorry everyone).

This next dress was made out of a swatch of fabric that I found on clearance. It was so colorful that I thought it would look pretty with Chloe's red hair.
Here Chloe is modeling the dress.
I am going to make two more dresses for Chloe and her best friend Chaeli. I picked up a pretty piece of leftover material, also from the clearance section, that is cream with blue flowers on it.
Laura (on Ben's sign on)





1 comment:

us said...

Nice job - those are adorable dresses! Kudos to you for taking the time to learn how to sew!